Zoom is a video conferencing and virtual learning environment tool that allows faculty, staff, and students to meet virtually and conduct live online classes, presentations, and meetings.
All DMU faculty, staff, and students can access Zoom through single sign-on using your DMU credentials.
Your Zoom account allows you to meet virtually with DMU students and employees and with external participants. It also comes with the following features:
- Unlimited length meetings with up to 300 participants
- Single sign-on using your DMU account
- Use your computer for audio or dial in from a telephone
- HD video for all participants
- Integration with Desire2Learn
- Outlook calendar plug-in
- Schedule meetings for someone else or allow someone else to schedule meetings for you
- Breakout rooms
- Screen share and digital whiteboard for all participants
- Compatibility with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android devices
- Cloud recording with Panopto integration
- Host a Meeting with more than 300 participants
- Host a Webinar
Note: Webinars are distinct from Meetings. While Meetings are collaborative, Webinars are designed for one-way communication with attendees in listen-only mode.
To learn more about Zoom:
- Visit the Zoom Help Center
- Register for a "Getting Started with Zoom" webinar (offered daily)
- View Zoom release notes.
If you still need help, click here to request assistance with Zoom.