This is part of the recommended Zoom workflow. If you already have an established workflow that works for you, feel free to continue using your current workflow instead.
- After you schedule a Zoom meeting and click Save, you'll see a page with meeting details, including a Join URL. Copy the Join URL and distribute using one of the methods below.
DO, MSA, and MSBS
For DO, MSA, and MSBS courses, academic assistants should send their course Zoom links to Caroline Kinney (Office of the Registrar). Caroline will enter the Zoom link into the course events in Leo, which in turn pushes the information to student and faculty Outlook calendars. The Zoom links appear in the event description in Outlook.
Post to D2L
For other programs, we recommend posting the Zoom link to your D2L course page.
- Log in to D2L and go to your course home page.
- Select the down arrow next to Announcements and select New Announcement.
- Give your announcement a title and select the Insert Quicklink icon in the editor to add your Zoom link.
- Scroll down and select Url from the list of Quicklink options.
- Paste the Join URL (copied from the Zoom meeting details page, as described above) into the URL field and give your link a Title. Click Insert to add the link.
- Adjust the availability to end after the scheduled Zoom meeting.
Publish the announcement once you have finalized your language.
If you still need help, click here to request assistance with Zoom.